Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mortdecai Movie

     I saw the movie 'Mortdecai' as a Redbox rental. It was promoted at the comedy club as an advance screening, and I have seen all of them except the reboot of 'Arthur', which looked 'too dumb' to me. It was no doubt odd to see Johnny Depp playing a high-class Brit dude, especially when he came across as a 'Bumbling idiot'. A few times I had to go back a little to catch what he said due to the accent he had. It was also kind of funny to see his faithful manservant always seeming to be in the right place to get him out of a jam. I did like hearing the term 'Countrymen' being used. It was about art dealing and art thieves, my guess is this story isn't done as a comedy too often. I liked seeing plenty of actors in it I recognized, besides Depp there was Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor. I made the right choice on seeing it as a Redbox rental, some movies are worthy of being seen in this format more so than at theaters. I would have been disappointed if I had seen it at theaters. I had this video for about 7 hours, long enough to watch it and get it back to the McDonald's it was rented from. A preview on the disc
interested me, the movie is called 'The Duff', a 'Teeny-bopper' movie as my dad would call it. When I returned the movie it didn't appear to be there, so it means researching as to its status. Is it coming to theaters, not yet on video? Since I am picky about movies I will be content with seeing it as a Redbox rental as well.
   In the evening I went to the St. Paul saints game, and a big crowd was there, announced at nearly ten thousand, for the 4th of July fireworks show. It sounded like it was the biggest fireworks show in town, since the Capitol is under construction and the Taste of Minnesota is no longer at Harriet Island due to flooding. I saw plenty of people on the other side of the fence looking in, waiting for the show to start. It was after 10pm since the game went into extra innings, the Saints lost to Fargo-Moorhead 8-7. The Saints scored first, going up 4-0 in the 3rd. There was back-to-back home runs to account for all of the scoring in the inning, both landed in the bullpens. I met a some people to talk to, and this included a fellow comic who was in costume, Whopper. He was promoting an upcoming show, will have to see if I am able to attend it. I got pictures of not only this comic but also somebody wearing a Lincoln t-shirt. Nothing unusual there, but it was Lincoln as a rock star, a guitar player. It does remind me of how this president became an icon, and I discussed this a little with who wearing the shirt. I had to study it as to why, and I said the most likely reason is he is a martyr due to the assassination. I brought out the Linus blanket, given away at a previous saints game, for sitting down during the fireworks show. I hadn't used it much yet. I had a standing room ticket, and walked around the stadium for most of the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment