Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Body Moving, Beastie Boys

     We did Wii dancing again at the workplace in the afternoon, since it was raining. One of the songs we danced to was 'Body Moving', the Fatboy Slim remix of the Beastie Boys song. It seemed appropriate for exercising, since it is about bodies moving. Another was 'That's not my name' which reminded me of 'Nasty' by Janet Jackson. Since Janet would say 'No my first name ain't Baby'. Early on it was 'Rasputin', a familiar one but I haven't looked up his story on Wikipedia yet.
   After being at the comedy club, eventually I was on Youtube wanting to listen to more Eminem songs. These were ones I was less familiar with, but I liked hearing them. It was 'The way I am', 'Sing for the moment' (which sampled from 'Dream on' by Aerosmith), and 'Till I collapse'. What I liked is that these three have just as much passion as the others.
   At the comedy club tonight, I was informed last week's show was canceled, I wasn't there as I was at the State Fair and the Saints baseball game. This is a rare occurrence. The 'Baby puppet' from last night's show performed again, originally she was to be the show closer but was moved up. She did one about whiskey being like an abusive boyfriend, and liking Crown Royal. According to notes, another was about a vitamin packet. The godmother did one about a bucket list. Others were about clown school, bumper cars, and yoga at church. The ex-cop did ones about weight loss, divorce, and sleep apnea. Software developer did ones  about 'Tequila and a compliment', and adopting from China. Kentucky native did one about pull-ups at the state fair. Others were about changing German names, a clean romance novel, and finding a bar. Self-checkout was the show closer. He did one about 80's night. Others were about trying to lose weight, his son's DARE seminar, finally 'cough and giggle'. There was also a woman holding a balloon, she said it was for a 'Meet Up' event. I got a photo of the balloon woman at the end of the show. We have had a 'Meet Up' group before. Ding Dong was MC. She did ones about day drinking, Court TV, and her daughter's college fund. Laundry did one about how he loves mowing the lawn more than his kids, and another was 'knock knock' jokes. Locks of love said Minneapolis didn't invent hipsters. Others were about her dad returning a greeting card, self-driving cars, and Wisconsin road names. Capital City did ones about not being a MILF, and friends making her a 'pretend relative'.

No comments:

Post a Comment