Sunday, September 21, 2014

Boyhood Movie, Ethan Hawke

    I had a date this afternoon, we went to see 'Boyhood' starring Ethan Hawke at the Lagoon theater in uptown Minneapolis. I recalled an earlier movie where the setting was Houston, also a 'Coming of age' movie starring Ethan Hawke- 'Reality Bites'. It brought out some emotions in me, based on what was being depicted in it. This started with the boy seeing his parents arguing. And it made me think of how I have been a baseball game at Minute Maid Park, as they depicted an Astros baseball game in this movie. I liked seeing bowling in it, as I like to bowl. It was also nice to see the boy being interested in photography, as I am as well.
    It started off as a hectic day for me. I did the dishes, then it was on to doing laundry. After completing my laundry I noticed I had no razors left so I went to a Target store to find a shaving kit. Then I shaved in the bathroom as I wanted to shave before the date. People came in and out while I was there, but I stayed focused on what I was doing. I was largely oblivious to them, and them to me. After the movie, we went to eat at a Jimmy John's sandwich shop. I showed pictures on my camera from the events I had attended recently. I knew my comedian friends would like to see a photo of us, so we got one done. My date did it as a 'Selfie', it looked better than mine as I tend to look a little angry when trying to do 'Selfies' since I am the one pressing the button. But it got less busy when I was home again. I watched some of the Denver-Seattle pro football game, Seattle won in overtime. In the evening I went to Walgreen and got some more 'Ring of honor' photos printed. I am now up to 35 comedian friends in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment