Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Never Say Never, The Fray

     I was at the comedy club tonight and heard a snippet of one song I liked, the lyric was 'Far as the eye can see'. It sounded like a song by The Fray to me, and in online searches when I narrowed it to The Fray I found 'Never say never'. There were plenty of things in the video, including a cow. I do like some songs by this band.
   My 'Work spouse' has not been in the office for a week now. So I decided to call the number I was given, and got voicemail. I don't call the number much. We had been postponing a department 'Convention' as I call them so we could have full attendance, but before long we will just have to meet anyway.
   There were some comics I recognized in the lineup tonight, I said there are 3 in my 'Ring of honor'. The IED/IUD comic was show closer, and did do this joke. A newer one is about Jane Goodall, I also liked the voice impression used in the 'Dogs in space' bit. Another was about buying a KIA car, hamsters in hoodies are in the ads. Others were about a weird dad being like a Liam Neeson movie, sweat pants and crocs, and Wall Drug/Walgreen. Louisiana native did the one about the baggage claim at the airport metaphor. I was laughing a lot as relationship jokes are ones I understand better now after being in one for a while. Others were about Neosporin, the Earth roller coaster, saying Hi to a friend, Walmart shotgun, and the toaster. Maryland native is bringing back the Mr. Clean bit. He did others about near beer, dog on patio/hockey, condo, gas station, and yoga pants. Auto correct did ones about an acting class, life coach, Linked-In, married friends/buffet line, ladies nights, and why
she doesn't like babies. Grizzly Adams did one about the cost of a Pabst beer. It is $2 or huffing. Others were about bus stops- mentally ill or a rapper?, college commercials, a new dad, and going bald. Yemen native did one about rap being the poetry of the street. Morton Salt did one about his brother, understood to be 'sibling rivalry'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment