Monday, September 22, 2014

Revlon Emery Board

    I see all kinds of things on the public buses I use. Recently one of these items was a Revlon emery board. It is mostly green, a partial flower in red is on it as well. It is near the middle, Revlon is spelled in black letters to the left of it. This was found in a plastic sleeve with a barcode on it, so it can be sold as an individual unit. Sometimes items will say 'Unit not labeled for individual sale'.
    It was a good night as usual at the comedy club. I saw the big dog at the bar when I came out to write down notes about the show, and check in on the football game, Bears-Jets. I said I had an idea about a joke on being overly gracious, inspired by our interaction over the weekend. I realized this is a pattern for me. What prompted me to become aware of the pattern was mention of my former boss and mentor. The difference now is being able to work through things I struggle with through my comedy, and of course writing about it is available much like before.
    I recognized many of the comics tonight. The rapper comic did the recipe joke. The jersey video comic did one about Packer QB Aaron Rodgers. Turtle check did one about hunting, and St. Cloud as well. Fantasia did ones about weed and reruns, as well as a bedpan. The 'Resistable comic' did ones about a hipster roommate, her dad, and talking about Nicki Minaj at Applebee's. The Yemen native did ones about learning English, teaching Arabic, volunteer work, and shoplifting. Louisiana did one about Neosporin. Fever did ones about wanting to be a stepdad, cake with birth control, deer suicide, and the gold rush. Postage stamp did one about 'Let's call the whole thing off'. School bouncer did ones about a 100-year-old at his show, and Ice Cube. Maryland did ones about dating as a non profit, a girl at a gas station, yoga pants, and his condo. Conga line did ones about getting a garage, Kenny G, and a dog clown car. Mason City did ones about Zoloft, fight or flight, his grandma at Visiting Angels retirement home, and pin-balling. Extra murder did ones about Verizon birth control, man cave, I can drive, food trucks, and a donut burger. Three by three, who had been called 'founding father' before, did one about battle scars from being in band. Bathtub comic was show closer, he did this joke as well as ones about mopeds, role playing, proposing to his lady, and stolen babies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment