Saturday, September 6, 2014

Grand Budapest Hotel Movie

    I rented a Redbox movie, 'Grand Budapest Hotel', at McDonald's this morning where I was having an Egg McMuffin. It was campy but I liked it. Seemed a little silly where the uniform hat said 'Lobby Boy' on it, but after all this is a comedy. It was not entirely based on fact related to wars as it seemed to have the war starting in 1932, but one can write the story they want when it is fictionalized. Same is true with the apparent names of the locations in Europe. It was told in flashback, seen this before and this works fine. I recognized many of the cast members when they appeared, like Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, and Ed Norton. I knew it had an all-star cast. It was funny when in one scene how different people kept asking if he was the guy from the hotel. Also funny how he had plenty of people in his 'Network' helping him, the concierge that is, though the story in many ways still centers around the 'lobby boy'.
   When I was at McDonald's I liked hearing the story of a security guard at concerts, he said many of them had been at the Xcel Center in St. Paul. I spoke of seeing Lady Gaga there, and said he worked the one where she had the meat dress and didn't want to work her concerts again.
   Tonight a comic asked me to review a Youtube video of his comedy set, 18 minutes. I said 'Forgive me if I sound like a stodgy academic'. But I wanted to be thorough since I was asked for my opinion. He does not have a nickname yet. I said I liked the voice impressions he did, especially of family.  One was about advice on haircuts from his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment