Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sexy Laundry Play

     This evening, I went to a play at Park Square Theater in downtown St. Paul. It was called 'Sexy Laundry'. It was about a middle-aged couple trying to re-connect at a fancy hotel after 25 years of marriage. I laughed a lot, the funniest to me was the scene where the husband was trying to use the remote controls. There was some swearing in it, but no worse than what I hear at the comedy clubs I frequent. After being in a relationship I understand better what was being covered in this play.
   I was on my phone more often than typical tonight. First was to schedule a date for the weekend, dinner and a movie. Yay, I have made it to date number 2! First time in a while. The other was after the play, when I called my college roommate who lives in Farmington. I said 'The life of a comedian' as I was in a rush to get to the play after the call. I made it to the venue with a few minutes to spare, finding a parking ramp across the street. I climbed over a railing to get out of the ramp quickly, and I ended up with dirty hands. I went to the bathroom before the play and washed them but I got no food or drink before going in.
   After the play, I liked seeing Candy-land still open at that hour, so I got a small box of popcorn and 'Checked in' with my loyalty program there. There are three 'Charlie Brown and Snoopy' statues there, I danced a little in front of the Snoopy. Next to a nearby soda pop machine I saw a grocery cart, and eventually more than that. I said to myself: 'Makes sense, there is a vagrant that goes with the cart'. 
     I liked finding more songs on Youtube, 2 of them were by Eminem. This was 'Guilty Conscience' and 'White America'. The former had actor Robert Culp as the narrator, there was 3 segments to it. A convenience store robbery, a date rape, and a man finding his wife with another man. Both of these songs and videos are memorable, to say the least. Em was the villain in 'Conscience', his mentor Dr. Dre was the good guy in terms of how to advise the main character with their raps. 'America' reminds me in many ways of 'Without Me', which I like a lot. Both mention then-Vice President Dick Cheney, and are not the typical social commentary songs since they are more political. As usual, Em makes some accurate observations in this song- like selling way more music because of his race.

No comments:

Post a Comment