Friday, September 19, 2014

Burger King Remodel

    Tonight after work I finally got one important thing crossed off my list. There is a Burger King on my bus route that has been closed for remodeling. I told myself I wanted to get pictures of it, and I saw I was running out of time as they will re-open soon. It is much easier to get pictures of things like the drive-thru menu when there is no competition from cars. I am thinking this is another case of how Vivian Maier and other street photographers would be proud. Then it was on to another place on my bus route I had noticed, some signs up advertising a spaghetti supper and some Booya soup servings. Sometimes this is what I do- get a picture of something so I can look it up later, often easier than finding pen and paper to write it all down. Finally I made it to Chris and Rob's, a Chicago hot dog place, where I had dinner. Even after I was done eating there I got more pictures of the neighborhood, including two inside the Cooper's grocery store. I looked at the displays on the wall at the hot dog place as usual, seeing the differences on the three pennants from the Museum of Science and Industry. One was small, fairly plain. Another had the captured U-505 submarine on it. The third had the building on it, one of the few remaining from the 1893 World's Fair. My first stop after getting off the bus from work was to get some batteries for my camera, and I liked hearing 'Like the weather' by 10,000 Maniacs inside the store.
   I did go to the comedy club tonight. It was nice to see the big dog, he had some more ideas for my roles in his sketches. Also met someone from Sioux Falls, he liked my patriotic shirt. We spoke at length about various subjects, but he did not attend the show. He was up in the bar area. As I recall he said he was in town to see the Gopher football game the next day, and his sister attends the school and may be one of the cheerleaders. International Falls did ones about being street harassed, a rescue dog, and sleeping deaths. Tortoise and hare did ones about everybody has streets, U2 on I-phone, Fonzie's B game, a magic school bus, and shopping at the Gap. Big Dog did ones about his room back home, are you happy?, garbage bag window, Dahmer comparison as a heroin addict, and the Menendez brothers. Fantasia was wearing a Joker shirt. He did ones about smart people don't watch TV, weed and a Becker rerun, and a spaghetti strand. Red-faced comic did ones about a DUI, a pizza job, and 'suck it'. Poster artist did one about why are they called T-shirts. Mr. Pibb did ones about doing something new everyday, marry the clown, and sound effects at rap concerts. Ragu did ones about Comcast customer service, notes about the therapist, now I'm on Prozac, and the song 'Wonder-wall' by Oasis. Rut-roh did ones about cough syrup, and crack being vegan. The Hillary Clinton look-alike did ones about crazy girls in bed, a yeast infection, hangover, call Jimmy John's, and a Brazilian wax. 'Extra murder' did ones about doing taxes, Verizon birth control, first world problem, sad petting zoo, I can drive, and man cave. Happy meal was show closer, and spoke of being drunk.            

No comments:

Post a Comment