Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This Lonely Morning, Best Coast

     I drove to work this morning, since I had a dental appointment in the evening after work. As usual I had my car radio on, eventually over to 89.3 the current. I was really impressed with one song in particular, 'This lonely morning' by Best Coast. Seemed an appropriate time to hear the song. I am thankful I recalled the band name as I didn't write down the song title. I went to Youtube after being at the comedy club tonight and searched song titles and was confident this was the one I had heard. I liked finding a few different versions on Youtube. One of them had a tennis theme and had the lyrics spelled out on the tennis balls. I left a comment on one of these videos, saying I liked the drumming in it. I liked reading some of the other comments. One said the song speaks of normal everyday emotions. Another said it was upbeat and depressing. I liked how yet another spoke of where they heard it, in their case it was at an Old Navy clothing store, 'Now I'm here'. Sounds like my story. The lyric I like the most is 'Running from myself this time'. Some other lyrics were also quite good, like 'Wait for you to call', 'Can't walk in a straight line', 'You're always on my mind', and 'Those feelings never change'. As usual, there is nothing like music to get people talking. I already posted a comment on my Twitter account and got a response from the Resistable comic, who said it was a favorite of hers as well.
       At the comedy club tonight, I didn't know the show closer. The MC is a native of Pakistan if I am not mistaken. I once saw him look like a Larry the Cable Guy imitator. He has a joke about an apron, so I think this will be the 'Apron comic'. Another was about Dennis Rodman. 'Extra murder' did ones about taxes, Verizon birth control, man cave, sad petting zoo, I can drive, and a Humane Society cat. University accountant did ones about 99 problems/beer on the wall, Monster Mash, and Michael Moore. Self checkout did ones about 'fat or fatter', his son's DARE seminar, and 'cough and giggle'. Locks of love did ones about a self-driving car, and Minneapolis didn't invent hipsters. Godmother did ones about the Miss America pageant, and dog park fees. Grizzly Adams did ones about walking his cats, throwing away popcorn, the cost of Pabst beer, and college commercials. Fitness guru did one about his weight loss. Kentucky native did ones about finding a bar, and Taco Bell. Resistable did ones about the cost of being single, a hipster roommate, and being at Applebee's. Bartender did one about talking to a cop, and living in North Minneapolis. Blind Side did ones about the Simpsons, Cops, and being adopted.
   Regarding the coffee date from the weekend, looks like we are playing phone tag but there is some interest in meeting again for dinner and a movie. I didn't speak much about recent dates when I was at the dental appointment. The hygienist surprised me, didn't ask me if I had seen any concerts lately. (I haven't, last one was Lady Gaga in may) It was a little entertaining to hear a contrary kid in a nearby room, was told it wasn't an elaborate procedure being done. So it was just a whiney kid. I was asked if I went to the state fair, and go to the Renaissance Festival. The answer to both his yes. The next appointment will be in three months, just before Christmas. I was asked if I go to my native Iowa for the holidays, but I haven't done this in a while. It is a hard sell when the weather can be rough that time of year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment