Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shiny New Baby Puppet

    I got a real treat tonight at the comedy club. A comic from Chicago if I am not mistaken was part of the lineup. I recognized her as the one that the DC native called a 'Mouthy broad' on a Facebook posting. I was laughing a lot, including one bit about a 'Shiny new baby puppet'. I did introduce myself after the show. We are not Facebook friends yet but I sent a friend request. I also let the DC native know and he said she has a new fan. Other jokes of hers were about drinking Crown Royal, pro-twerk, losing 48 pounds, hit on my married dudes, and her dad. Magic Man did ones about a stolen laptop, shovel your walk, the drive through, and tennis camp.
   There were plenty of other good comics besides this one that is new to me. Turtle check did ones about Vanilla Ice, and throwing up. Ding Dong did ones about judge TV shows and her daughter's college fund. Hipster plantation did ones about working at Goodwill, and LeBron Gretzky. Self checkout did ones about trying to lose weight, cough and giggle, finally 'one of the uggos'. Based on my notes, another was 'wasted effort to impress'. Rut-roh did ones about no consolation, talking in code at a party, a co-exist bumper sticker, finally Smash Mouth and Shrek.
   I did a posting about favorite Eminem songs, prompted by the question of which ones I sang into a microphone over the weekend. My 5 favorites: 'Lose yourself', 'Need a doctor', 'Beautiful', 'Without Me', 'Real Slim Shady'. I like 'Beautiful' as he speaks of comedy, 'Hiding behind the tears of a clown'. I like baseball a lot, so it also scores points for the video including footage of the demolition of Tiger Stadium. I made it there for a game in its final season in 1999.
   It was my first day back at work after having 4 days off. It was a little easier than expected on the payoff report, but I wasn't complaining at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment