Monday, September 15, 2014

Larry The Liquidator

    The political science guy had another good joke for me in the afternoon. It was how some people need to be liquidated. Eventually I thought of a movie called 'Other people's money' where Danny DeVito played a character known as 'Larry the liquidator'. I even wondered to my colleague if it was a better idea to dehydrate, thinking of this happening on a episode of the 'Batman' TV show from the 1960s.
     It was a good show as usual at the comedy club, got a shout-out from the sub teacher when he did jokes about his relationship. He did ones about global warming, commitment, his lady working at MNDOT, and spaghetti. Also saw the godmother before the show, we are able to speak at length there unlike other clubs since I show up much earlier. The pizza philosopher had a set, but I stepped out and was away for a little too long and missed it. He said there were a few new jokes, but many of them would be familiar from the contest. He was wearing a 'Back to the Future' shirt. This was the 6-year anniversary of doing stand-up comedy, though I wasn't picked tonight. The shout-out seems to be the next best thing. The 'Resistable' comic did one about having a car wreck on the way to the show. The crow did ones about a nice coat, weed, alcohol free, and 16-year-old songs. Bus fare did ones about being uncomfortable with his hands, and a state fair horse show. The red-faced comic did ones about DUIs, and a pizza job. Perkins did ones about a family cruise, his mom's eye surgery, his dad's showers, and it looks like his birthday, hard to read some notes. The 'bathtub comic' did ones about a lost baby, starting rivers, and sex files. Maryland did ones about Mr. Clean, O'Doul's, 1st and 3rd degree, and his condo. Louisiana did ones about Neosporin, baggage claim, and bed wetting. University accountant did ones about 99 problems/bottles of beer, and the song 'Monster Mash'. School bouncer did ones about Redbox, check the refrigerator, and still needing his parents. The Wisconsin girl did a set, but hard to read all of my notes, appears some were about retainers, and eggs. The 'extra murder comic did ones about cell phones, and a sad petting zoo. he followed me my first night onstage 6 years ago. Three times three, who I had called 'founding father' before, was show closer. He did one about living like a king.
   I found another Eminem song on Youtube I hadn't heard before, it is called 'Role Model'. It caught my eye as Em is wearing a Catholic priest uniform at times. It has many themes, early on like a silent movie and Em as an escape artist. Others were in black and white, or even animated. I also liked a more recent one, 'Guts over fear'. The lyrics are brilliant, and relatable. He speaks of putting the pain into song, and this is what comedians do as well. What do I do when the rage is gone? Valid question.

No comments:

Post a Comment