Saturday, September 20, 2014

We Are The World, Bob Dylan

    Oh what a day. It included doing a Bob Dylan impression at the 'Prairie Home Companion' block party. I chose 'We are the world'. It was nice to meet Garrison Keillor and get some stage time. I signed up for this one as 'over-actor' was full. I was number 5 of 6, and when I was done I said it was the biggest crowd I ever performed in front of as there had to be hundreds there. I liked the meatloaf meal I ate there, it was five dollars. I got a photo of it before eating it all.
     The first event of the day was a festival in Lilydale. It was at the town hall, but I don't know this town well aside from a Holiday gas station which has a US Bank ATM. As I was pulling into the lot for the festival I was followed by a cop, and we spoke briefly. He said I looked lost while driving, as I went one way from the gas station, then the other. I was following house numbers, so that is why I reversed direction, knowing it was the wrong way. I ate bratwurst there and it was nice to hear a Dixieland band perform songs I had heard before. I knew I couldn't stay long, about an hour, as I wanted to get to the next event, the Gopher football game. I ordered a 2-game package and this is the first game, a non-conference contest against San Jose State. I took a bus and light rail to get to the university. The Gophers did well running the ball, didn't attempt many passes and no completions. Their tailbacks were getting plenty of 12-yard runs, or more, for first down. Even the QB ran well, I said 'he sold the fake well'. San Jose State stayed in the game for a while because they were converting on third down often. But it was too hard to overcome turnovers, and these were turned into 10 Gopher points. One was on the 2nd play from scrimmage, an interception, it led to a field goal. I left when the game was put into weather delay, lightning was in the area. It was early in the 4th quarter, Gophers were up 17-7 by then. I was confident the score would hold up that late in the game, and it did. The Gophers added a TD to make it 24-7. I wanted to get to the block party in downtown St. Paul, so I may have left around then anyway. The Belarus native was outside the stadium with a friend I didn't know, holding up a 'Free Hugs' sign. I did oblige.    

No comments:

Post a Comment