Sunday, September 28, 2014

Silver Fox Booya

   I liked how it was a fairly leisurely day, as Sundays usually are. I did have some Booya soup at Highland Park, an event done by Silver Fox, an athletic club. I watched some pro football today, Packers beat the Bears. It was hard to find a parking spot near the park, so I went to a side street. I just discovered this soup servings last year after a colleague got media attention as he was going to so many of them. So I am still amazed to see people standing in a separate line with plastic ice cream containers as they want this much of the soup. I had a single serving cup, and this was a shorter line. I also had some popcorn and Reese's peanut butter cups.
   I got the wedding pictures and some other photos- like 'Ring of Honor'- added to Facebook as I went there to get prints and a CD. It was the most I had added in one day- 62. When I did the photo order at Walgreen I decided to walk around the store while waiting for it to be processed. I got the 'welcome' greeting from another employee, I asked if I looked lost. I am still asking people if they have heard of street photographer Vivian Maier, even this photo guy, and most say they have not. I did say that he may one day be asked for an interview about me for a documentary, as I feel like I found a kindred spirit after seeing a documentary about Vivian in April.
    I did watch the Simpsons-Family Guy crossover episode tonight. It had some charm to it, though I was a little surprised it was done when there has been a Simpsons joke before about crossover episodes. This was no doubt promoted a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment