Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bad Blood, T. Swift And K. Lamar

     I keep hearing the song 'Bad Blood' by Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar on my car radio while driving to the two festivals I am attending this weekend. I think I had written about this one before, but I didn't know the title, as it was catchy enough to recall the line 'Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes'.
   The day started early with getting to the Canadian Days pancake breakfast in Little Canada, free with the festival button. As usual I knew well enough to get in line before the bagpipe band started playing. I spoke with a man who said he was from Buffalo, NY, during this time. Somebody from the committee noticed I had 12 buttons pinned to my saints jersey (including this year's) and I posed for a photo. I said I was fine with being interviewed on camera, and the camera operator was available after an awards ceremony for the 5k run was finished. When I shared this on Facebook I did get a response. It was from duffel bag, who said she had designed the one from 2000, before I had moved to Minnesota. It is a good thing I buy them new as they are hard to find otherwise, and I have all of them since I moved here in 2004. I did luck out on finding two at an antique shop- 1976 (the first year) and 1985. I responded by saying that is so cool how she designed one of the buttons. I had been looking for a new name for this comic, and I think I will now call her The Button. The fun continued at this festival, as I returned in the evening after I had been at a Fringe show, the other festival I am attending. There was a karaoke session for two hours, I got there about midway through. I did two songs, 'Wonderful' by Everclear and 'Don't dream it' over' by Crowded House. I hadn't done it in a while, but still did well in spite of this. But I think I still did better on the second one.
   I did attend two shows at Fringe festival today, and it brings my total to three. There was a women's history play at 4pm, and a mash-up of Footloose and Sound of Music at 10pm. Because of the former I looked up Virginia Woolf, a writer mentioned in it. I found out she has very little to do with what I had heard of before, a story called 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?' With the latter I had seen the movie Footloose (1984 version) so the storyline was familiar. Even though I haven't seen 'Sound of Music' I think it has been parodied enough on shows like 'The Simpsons' where I was sharp enough to catch what was a Sound of Music reference. I also caught a Flashdance reference, it was well-placed. I also found a way to get my typical errand running done, including picking up mail at the post office and go to the grocery store. There was eight of my ten E-bay orders in the box, mostly postcards and first-day covers. It was nice to get the two Canadian postcards- a reminder of visiting Toronto for the Pan-Am Games. This was of Maple Leaf Gardens, and the Prince's Gate where the Canadian National Exhibition is held.  

No comments:

Post a Comment