Friday, July 23, 2010

Comedy Documentary

I like going to the movies, and it's why I saw the documentary about Joan Rivers, the comedienne, tonight. There were two observations in it that resonated with me. One was how comedians are insecure, as it takes an insecure person to go onstage alone and hope for laughs. The other was how artists are damaged, it helps feed their art. It seems to explain me better, how I felt more comfortable when writing. Then I found doing comedy deserved to be grouped in the same category. Also notable was the huge card catalog of jokes, and a Lincoln book in the background during one interview.
    It sounds like there may be another fundraiser for Emerson Hough School, hopefully people aren't weary of it by now. Apparently another one is needed to cover legal fees, since the school board has petitioned for summary judgment in hopes of the case being dismissed before  the hearing in August. I have already contributed about $100 when figuring in what I sent before the fundraiser, and the fundraiser itself in May as I bought a few items at the silent auction. Then there's the shirt from the July 4th parade. Even though it looks like school supporters will have to fight tooth and nail, it is a worthy cause to fight for. It's annoying to have to fight for it at all, as the school is named for one of us.
    I hear some thunder off in the distance, and I have a busy day planned for Saturday. So I should be retiring soon for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment