Wednesday, July 14, 2010

County Fair

Went to the county fair and the parade before it. Plenty of candidates for political office were there, got some stickers and flyers. Since it was a parade, there was candy as well, like tootsie rolls, and even oreo cookies. Decided to go on the first day as I expect to be busy for the next few days.
    I ended up meeting somebody I sort of knew from going to comedy clubs, at the commerical exhibits building. He said I looked familiar from somewhere, and that was it. Though this wasn't the only thing making the night memorable. I walked through the carnival section and was encouraged to throw darts at balloons. Threw 3 darts and the only one that hit was the last one, when I was advised to have my eyes closed. I said I didn't have enough to play for real, had spent all of it on food, like a slice of pizza and a caramel apple sundae with ice cream. Got to love those carnies for trying! Another game had Homer and Bart Simpson dolls as prizes, it appealed to me more but I didn't play any of the games-  needed to save some for a play on Thursday.
    I'm trying hard not to make this just a Lady Gaga fan page, but I did see some caricatures tonight and she was one of them. It was funny to see what was in the background, a baby saying 'goo goo gaga'. Another was of Pink, I like her song '13 year old self'.
   I liked getting caught up on most things tonight, like record-keeping. This is why it's a good idea to have only so many nights a week at the comedy shows. I like the sense of community, but balance in life is always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment