Friday, July 30, 2010

Canadian Days

I enjoy going to Canadian Days, a festival in Little Canada. I lived in that village for one year and recall first reading about it in the village newsletter, sent through the mail. It was a good reminder of what festivals are known for, the buttons as well as the food, drink, and music. This was the opening night, and it runs through the weekend. Tonight the festival button meant getting a free ear of corn. Actually two, as we were invited to a second after 7pm. There will be a second corn on the cob feed on Saturday evening, and a pancake breakfast on Saturday morning. Also decided to get a slice of pepperoni pizza, they gave me two- a free slice of cheese pizza. Finally there was a strawberry shake, which was a trailer that looked familiar from before. There was a rock as a paperweight since it was windy inside the trailer, and it was for the money when you pay. Wanted to stay longer and listen more to the cover band playing songs like 'So Easy' by Buddy Holly, but needed to get home and rest a little, along with more cleanup around my home.
   Still amazed at what I'm finding, like in the refrigerator there was a half-stick of butter in a dish. Threw it out since I don't use it much anymore, eating out often or preparing food that doesn't need it. Dusty in some areas as well, as I don't clean as often as I should. There will be more of the same on Saturday, so I should be retiring for the night soon. Sent a bag of trash out to the dumpster as well, though it was my normal one for the week, usually sent on Saturday or Sunday. Another one is almost ready.
   A notable thing at work was meeting with my boss for my performance evaluation, and we ended up talking about more than just work. She's still interested in fixing me up with coworkers, I don't want to date coworkers. She's often entertained by my obervations about life, so somehow I need to work it in to my comedy routine. Like when I tell her about some of my online dating exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment