Monday, July 26, 2010

Leftover Food

I am still amazed at how much food is left over at company-sponsored food events. We had jerk chicken and rice left over from a Friday event, I had some then and some more today. Wonder if there will be a third session, as there is enough to go around. Also notable while in the breakroom was a colleague I enjoy talking to speaking about lasers at Mount Rushmore. I don't get too many chances to discuss intellectual topics at work, but I can with him. He is a theater man and does background music at local plays. I've even seen two of these plays.
   I've been getting more hits with the online dating, I know this may be due to a free communication period happening but I will take it how I get it. Will have to see how many I will actually meet, based on my track record it won't be too many. I liked how one match did challenge me, with one of her questions. She asked me to tell her 5 random things about me, and I was up to the challenge. After thinking about it I answered, making sure I wasn't duplicating what was already in my profile. I shared things like losing 20 pounds in the past year. 2 were related to school-doing comedy now despite speech being a weak subject in school, and being equipment manager on my school's football team taught me plenty about teamwork. 2 more were about living in 3 different states, and owning 4 different cars. A good friend of mine from work- now in Chicago- said she liked what I said about it. I wasn't about to quit when the going got tough, as I already know how nothing worth having is ever easy. She said it was her motto. I admired this friend's warm personality, as it made me more positive. Attitude may make the difference, but it's also the company you keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment