Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Great Ziegfeld

My holiday started with meeting family for breakfast at a Perkins, as my mom and stepdad were in town for a baseball game. There were plenty of other things to do after that. I had a DVD I hadn't watched yet, about the mastermind behind the Ziegfeld Follies, called "The Great Ziegfeld". It was long, about 3 hours, so I split it in two and watched some before lunch and some after lunch. Still need to get it back to the library tonight before turning in. It was nice to watch, as Frank Morgan was in it as a business partner. This wasn't the only connection to "Wizard of Oz" in it as Ray Bolger was in it as well. One was the wizard and the other the scarecrow. Bolger played himself in it, and there was somebody playing humorist Will Rogers.
    Once I completed watching it I needed to get on the road for a Saints baseball game, they won 9-0. The fireworks after the game was nice. As usual I enjoy the people I meet along the way, like the man next to me who had traveled a lot around the midwest and was knowledgeable about baseball and hockey teams. After the game it was a girl who asked for requests for what would be played on her I-phone. I suggested some Lady Gaga, and she played 'Bad Romance' and 'Alejandro'. Because of the holiday ceremonies, the start of the game was delayed but it gave me more time to get a bratwurst and find my seat after taking the shuttle from a bar/roadhouse. The driver recognized me again, it's nice when people know you and ask how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment