Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Milestones

I noticed after pulling into my home tonight after being at the comedy club how my car reached a milestone. It just passed 130,000 miles. I've had it for just over 7 years, longer than any of the previous 3 cars I've owned. I think I learned some lessons from before, like see that the oil is changed regularly. Didn't do this with one previous car, though I still had it for 6 1/2 years. Hopefully I can keep driving it even longer. Sometimes I literally run cars until they are junk.
   I sent an email to a classmate letting him know how I have ordered a ticket for an alumni tailgating event. I hate having to think about college football so early, when it's only July. But this should give me a good chance to get a game ticket for the same day- without buying from Stubhub. I've done it before, but it's more expensive so I try to use it only as a last resort.
   It was an easier day at work, got caught up as there were fewer special requests, many of them making copies of contracts. Somehow I am doing fine without my 'work spouse', who is out of the office this week. I got the 'big yellow fish' today, called 'Pete the Perch'. Though I think it looks more like 'Charlie' from the StarKist tuna commercials. Will have to remember to get a picture of it before I must pass it on. It's part of the Fish training where we recognize accomplishments of our colleagues more. I'm sure there have been some jokes around the office already, why not when it's a big yellow plush fish? Nothing wrong with having some fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment