Thursday, July 29, 2010

College Roommate

     I found out there was a call waiting for me when checking my cellphone last night. It was from my college roommate, who was on a gig in Modesto, California. I called him tonight after my date, and the date was shortly after work ended for the day.
   He said he did get the job in New Jersey and will be moving there in January. I said it may lead me to visiting him again at some point, since it is near New York. I wanted to see a few more places while there in 2005 but ran out of time. Since then I have become interested in a few more places in the area, like Sagamore Hill, the home of President Theodore Roosevelt. This is for two reasons- since he was a friend of Emerson Hough and of course doing the Roosevelt mentoring program through my employer. The school's yearbook is called 'Sagamore'. I wondered why, then figured it was related to the president and was right. Still think it was a good choice to have Robin Williams play Teddy in 'Night at The Museum'-and the sequel.
   I  did tell him about tonight's date. I don't expect much when I get a 'nice meeting you' and a handshake at the end of the date. I was being wary since her response to my question about what she hopes to have in common with me, in terms of shared interests. She said 'having children', a good way to scare off guys. Same is true with her changing her profile picture, as at first it was just her then she changes it to her with her cat! We spoke for a while, but it doesn't feel like a good fit. That's fine, as I'm still looking and there are other matches out there. I've got enough going on in my life, like my writing and comedy, that I stay busy most of the time. So I only want a mate that is a good fit, as one tends to make poor decisions when desperate. I tend to regret decisions I make when desperate. I am a complete person, more so than I was anyway, so I am not looking for a companion to complete me. It would be wrong to put my happiness in the hands of another person. I've found that my life is easier to live when I live it for me and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment