Monday, July 5, 2010

Stage Time

I got on stage tonight at the comedy club as a warmup for the contest on Thursday. I was the 5th comic up and it went well. I mostly did jokes about what I did for the July 4th holiday weekend, like seeing a movie, a college friend, and a baseball game- including when a bag of peanuts hit me in the teeth. The best compliment I heard was from the comic following me, how I was a tough act to follow. I like how I know fairly well what works and what doesn't. I may get a little nervous in anticipation, but it tends to fade quickly when I take the stage. It's therapeutic to go tell jokes after dealing with different issues in my everyday life. Relatability helps on people laughing, so it likely helps others as much as it helps me.
     It was an odd day at work, the bus and building was on holiday schedules since it was still an observance of July 4th for many. Had to wait longer for a bus in the morning, and fewer doors were open, had to get buzzed in and then sign in at the guard station like being there on a weekend. There were fewer people in the office as well. I saw a bus rider I hadn't seen in a while due to the holiday schedule. So there can be pluses to most setups, provided that you're looking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment