Tuesday, August 17, 2010

808 Drum

At lunchtime I decided to look up what an 808 drum is, since it is mentioned in the song 'your love is my drug'. Pleased to find an extensive article about it on Wikipedia. Sounds like an old-style progammable drum kit. Unsure how often I had heard them before, but I think I like drums played by somebody better. For a while I wondered if it was in reference to Hawaii, as that is the state's area code. I like how I'm still interested in learning what I can.
  The song is a good reminder of my visit to the Carolinas in April. Heard it a lot on the radio often while driving through South Carolina between Greenville and Charleston, stopping midway through the journey in Columbia. The other one I heard a lot was "Rude Boy" by Rihanna.
   Doing my best to spread the word about the Emerson Hough saga, now the school is in the running for a cash prize from Kohl's Stores so I am hopeful to get people to vote for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment