Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello Again

I was at a Fedex Kinko's this Monday and saw somebody who had helped me before, but at a different location. I informed him about this blog, and he said he would check it out. So it was a 'hello again', or a pleasant surprise. We had discussed various subjects before when I was there for whatever my needs were, but haven't had to go in for a while. It reminded me of being in the Carolinas in April and found out the desk clerk had been my clerk in Tampa, Florida a year earlier. When he saw my driver license we spoke for a while about where we were when the 35W bridge collapse happened, a day many people will never forget. Guess he had just driven over it minutes before the collapse.
   As I recall one of the subjects discussed was law, and I did speak of getting a comment about Clarence Darrow- in relation to my ranting about somebody who couldn't get their facts straight about law schools. Something about the J.D. (juris doctorate)- commonly what a 'law degree' is called now- apparently was created around that time, 1930. And yes, before that many would just be an apprentice in law and get admitted to the bar without having to attend or even graduate from law school.
   Another notable thing happened at work, a 'mandatory meeting' was scheduled by managment for Thursday. I have been with my company for a while and know that usually isn't a good thing. I am not alone on thinking it is ominous. But as the saying goes, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.   

No comments:

Post a Comment