Sunday, August 15, 2010

Charlie Brown Anniversary

I went to the Twins baseball game today as it was a celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy comic strip. Some people might be lost when referring to its official name, Peanuts, and I recall how Charles Schulz even had in the Sunday editions how it was 'featuring Charlie Brown'. I did 2 things to mark the event- wear a Snoopy shirt and brought a coloring book. The shirt says 'tis the season to rock'. It might be a seasonal shirt on some level but I think every season is a season to rock, have fun, and enjoy music. Not just Christmas.
   It was a nice game to watch. The Twins pitcher had a no-hitter through 7 innings and then the bullpen lost the no-hitter and shutout. But the Twins still beat Oakland 4-2, so getting the win is most important. It was my first Twins game since early May, and the fourth of the season.
   There was a benefit event before the open-mic show tonight, unaware of it. After getting home last night I thought it was appropriate on some level to turn on the TV and have it on to 'Monk', the OCD detective. A former boss said I was like him, and I might be, but still it wasn't flattering to hear. Some don't seem to understand that a show is often a farce, and some characters are written to be really ridiculous. Anyway, I listened to the theme song, 'It's a jungle out there', by Randy Newman. Maybe that's what made it all appropriate. I was thinking of the date from earlier, and going from being on the sidelines to trying again reminds me of how the sentiment is true.
   I knew I was behind on record keeping, so after the comedy show I got caught up on it, the receipts dated back to a week ago. This included writing a check for a utility bill, and it will be mailed on Monday. Like many errands to run or chores to complete it doesn't take long once you get started. But it can be tough at times to get motivated to do it when there are more fun things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment