Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bus Rides

I take the bus to and from work, and meet a motley crue of people for this reason. Noticed this more when coming home tonight. There was a Jamaican woman who spoke in an unintelligble voice except when we were going past one place and said 'there's my house' but she didn't get off at that stop. She got off at mine, and then spoke to two people at the stop who said something about diabetes, I think they had trapped her in a lie if she was asking for money. There was also somebody who spoke of seeing plenty of different major league baseball stadiums across the country, for some it was baseball. For others he said he only was there for a Bruce Springsteen concert, must really like The Boss as I lost count of how many times he said he had seen this musician in concert. Most I've ever seen a music act in concert is twice.
   I threw my hat in the ring for an opportunity that just became available recently at work, the deadline for applications is Friday and I found a few minutes in the afternoon to complete and submit the interest form.
  Looks like the saga around Emerson Hough School is still ugly, as I read more postings on the Facebook page. Will plan on sending another donation to the cause soon. I think about Hough's legacy a lot, whenever I see something about conservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment