Monday, August 9, 2010

Bobblehead Doll

Normally I at the comedy club on Mondays, but went to a baseball game tonight instead as I wanted  a Darwin bobblehead the Saints were giving away. Saints won 7-5. I am proud of trying tonight, thought it was odd to see a woman decide to sit next to me. It's rare, we'll say that much. I saw it as an opportunity to get to know somebody, so I had a conversation with her. Figured we had plenty to start off with in common, I like baseball and she was having a Summit beer. It didn't take long to find out she had a boyfriend, I've noticed it doesn't take long to find out without actually flat-out asking. If it means enough to them they will say it. Thankful the kiss cam wasn't put on us! The beer vendor asked me why I hadn't bought her a drink, I said she was spoken for. I'm not left wondering if she was taken or not, so it's an accomplishment to find the courage to talk. In some ways it was a relief to find out she was taken, as the pressure was off and I didn't feel the urge  to impress her. I think this is why I am drawn to the Abe Lincoln-Ann Rutledge story, as Lincoln was uneasy around women as he lacked confidence as well, being so awkward and unsophisticated. And the story was of a lost love, since she died at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment