Monday, August 30, 2010

Covered Wagon

When I returned from lunch at work today there was a package waiting for me, a movie poster I had ordered from Ebay. Apparently it was a big deal at the office, as my boss claims I was going to show people what it was when it arrived. Almost sounded like a betting pool at first, then I referenced the movie 'Good Will Hunting' and said 'who won the bet? I did.' One colleague, a lover of Japanese culture, guessed it would be a Lady Gaga poster. He knows I'm a fan of her music. But it was a poster of a silent movie from the 1920s, 'Covered Wagon', based on an Emerson Hough novel. It was a better deal than trying to get a VHS copy of it, as those are going for at least $49 on Ebay. Must be rare. The ordeal over the school closure has inspired me to study Emerson Hough, the man, way more now. Hard to say what will be next to acquire. It also proves how I seem to be funniest when not trying to be, as I said I needed to stay one step ahead of my boss who is often looking for a good laugh. When the colleague was guessing it I said you may have recalled me speak of this subject when we were bus buddies- right away I said 'not butt buddies'. But I did ride the same bus with him to work for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment