Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beatles Exhibit

I liked how it was another leisurely morning, finally went out to see the Beatles exhibit at the local museum. It was about their concert at the baseball stadium in 1965, that is now a big mall. Wanted to see it soon since it's closing in a few weeks. Went to a few other exhibits as well, since it's included in the admission price.
  After this I went to a Blockbuster Video to see if they had 'Toy Story' on DVD, they did. Hadn't seen it before, not too big on animated movies as I think of them as kids movies. Main exception is 'The Simpsons' of course, but not your typical animated show either. The movie was mentioned in a book I had read earlier this year, written by a motivational speaker. There was something about the toy owner wanting to abuse the toys and destroy them, so it piqued my interest. I will admit the recent media attention about how Blockbuster may be filing for bankruptcy soon was one reason why I went today. I've had a membership card since 1998, though for a while I didn't use it as I couldn't find it, too many moves and forgot where it was packed. So once it was found it went into my wallet.
   Also made it to a Dairy Queen, one that had an inflated Blizzard cup on the roof. I like Blizzard treats. I do my best to have them less often than before, since I have lost some weight in the past year.
   Another notable thing was being onstage tonight telling jokes. I'm still finding jokes people like, and this fells good, but I do my best to study this craft to know what works and what doesn't. It was a reminder of how if you do it long enough and are good at it you will end up with fans, got another one tonight. We spoke for a while after the show. Guess it ranks up there with somebody who wanted me in their camera phone picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment