Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Concert Jokes

I was onstage tonight at the comedy club inside a mall. This might surprise some of you, readers,  since I might appear to be a serious, dour person. But there are some comics known for dry humor, like Bob Newhart. I just like having the courage to take the stage, since I didn't have it for a while. I spoke a lot about concerts I've attended over the years, since I'm attending the Lady Gaga concert next week. I liked how the DJ played one of her songs, 'Bad Romance', as I left the stage since I mentioned it during my set. I spoke of looking schizophrenic in what music I like, best evidenced by those shows I saw in 2005. I saw Eminem at Madison Square Garden in New York that year, along with Bob Dylan/Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers, and Avril Lavigne. Seemed appropriate that the ticket to Eminem's show said it was the "Anger Management Tour", as music is a good release of emotion. Also made sure to wear an Em shirt, and said I know I don't appear to be the typical fan of him or Gaga. People like jokes about online dating, so I did some of those as well. Also odd how that same Gaga song was playing on my car radio while driving back from the club. As expected, there was another message from my dad waiting. We are still playing phone tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment