Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Season Finale

The local baseball team, the Saints, had their season finale tonight, lost to Sioux City 4-3 in 11 innings. There was fireworks after it. It was my 7th season at their games since moving here, likely the most games I had seeen- 10 this year. I did see all 3 fireworks nights, the other 2 being Memorial Day and July 4th. Naturally their season ends before Labor Day.
   Did one thing this morning I don't do often, watch the news. Usually I don't as I'm afraid of being late for work. But I knew a comedian friend of mine would be interviewed before he headlines at a local club this week, so I wanted to see the feature. Thankfully I did see it as it was just 5 minutes out of my morning, still no problem getting ready for work as I actually got up a little earlier for it. All too often I lay in bed a little longer after the alarm goes off as I know I can afford a few more minutes. I've joked that I better understand a song for this reason, 'Volcano Girls' by Veruca Salt. In it they say, 'leave me lying here, cause I don't want to go'. I think we've all been there before.
   Called my dad before the game, but it was short and said we could talk more at length on Thursday. Didn't say anything about a date I have planned, somebody in show business, sort of. I know she's on Facebook, checked Youtube and she's there as well. Will have to ask her about those videos. If it goes well I will have to think about how I would present her to my comedian friends, but first things first.

No comments:

Post a Comment