Friday, September 17, 2010

Halftime Dance

I went to a high school football game tonight, it was the school's homecoming but they lost 37-7. The winning team's final touchdown was scored with less than a minute left. There was a safety when the punter tried to throw out of the endzone. As usual, turnovers killed their chances. There were some dropped passes in it, but also some caught ones that went a long way, which helped the visiting team win. A short field helped on some of the touchdowns as well. I like seeing games at this school because of what they do for homecoming: having the senior girls take the field at halftime in some hideous outfits and do crazy dances. I even bought a homecoming button, I like buttons.
   When I driving home after the game I did drive past my ex's home, but not intentionally. I am still thankful to have found the courage to end it with her, as she was needy, clingy, and mouthy. I was lonely and was with her for the wrong reasons, and learned some valuable lessons from it, like end it right away if it's no fun.
    Still trying to plan out events I am attending for the next few weeks, I may be able to find a way to swing seeing all of the things I'd like to. With visiting Oktoberfest in New Ulm, it means remembering to go to a few new places like the fort and the state park, but some of the familiar haunts as well like German Park where there's a poem about kindness inscribed on one of the pillars. It makes me think of a dear friend of mine from work, and the poem was part of a contribution made by the Wanda Gag (pronounced gogg) House Association. Already left a message on the town's Facebook page saying I was looking forward to being there, they responded by saying they look forward to having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment