Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eternal Haze

I've called the plastic 'the eternal haze at work' since it's been up for a while. The construction has been loud at times and a distraction to some, but I like being able to go 'into the files' where it is muffled.
  I decided to update my online dating profile, it needed some changes even if many of them were just seeing that uppercase letters were wherever needed to look more professional. It also meant adding things like how one of my favorite musicians is Lady Gaga, though it meant dropping Johnny Cash as I was able to have just 5. I found a way to keep mention of how I still like all of those Charlie Brown TV specials, and noticed there was mention of my favorite TV show- 'The Simpsons'- in two places so I decided to list it only once. When I updated my profile before I said if things are best described as an 'unmitigated failure' that means there are things I can do about it like present myself a little better.
   Even though the title of my blog is inspired by my favorite TV show, I hardly ever write about it. I am often known for doing references to various episodes, as just about anything makes me think of an episode. They've parodied just about everything, and whoever hears it becomes 'today's winner'. I made sure to add how writing on my blog is one of the things I like doing in my spare time. In many ways it served as a reminder of how long ago I had looked at everything, since I don't think I had started this blog when I last updated it. I kept mention of my favorite movies being 'Rain Man' and 'Good Will Hunting', but it would be nice to mention a more recent movie and one that is a comedy as well. Need some time to think of one.
  I have to be hopeful how mention of updating my profile is enough to have more matches take notice. There has been no problem so far with quantity of matches, an observation made when calling for customer service, but the quality has left a lot to be desired. I hesitated at first to mention where I went to college, but I included it as well. I need more time to play around with it to have it the way I really want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment