Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Shirt?

I had 3 colleagues ask me about what I was wearing today, was it a new shirt? Sort of, it was given to me by a good friend of mine from school. He has been good to me over the years, and has done well in his business- wooden pallets- that he likes taking care of 'his people'- and I'm one of them. We have the same birthday, in March, makes it easier to remember. I think it was part of a big shipment of clothing he sent me a few years back, the same year I saw him get married. He was voted 'best dressed' by my class, and deserved it. His dad was a DDS (dentist), so that fact likely played a role in having a top-notch wardrobe. I do think about him every so often, since he is one of the people in my 'ring of honor' in my home, friends I have honored by displaying their pictures.
   The 3 people who asked were the same ones from an entry earlier this week- the Patriots fan, the Japanophile, and my boss. I just couldn't bear to throw out what he gave me, as anything given by friends has great value to me. So since it has a collar, I deemed it 'office appropriate' although it was socked away in a drawer for a while as I thought of it more as a sweatshirt since it's more bulky than a typical shirt.
   I liked searching my own blog online, and found three hits. Two of them came as no surprise, as it was about being a supporter of the school in my hometown. It was the reason why I started the blog. The third raised some eyebrows, but I have good reasoning skills once I examined it. I found it in a article called 'Web Buzz' about a pizzeria I had never heard of- an entry from August. I happened to go to a pizza parlor that day, but not the one named there. It does pique my interest, and I will have to see if there is a location anywhere nearby. I know this from doing online searches before- sometimes they are 'dummy searches' or 'fool's gold'. Or, put another way, 'sounds the same but spelled different' - or 'same name, different meaning'.
   I went to a campaign event tonight, as I like being a well-informed voter and meet candidates, wanting to  understand what they are for. It was for a candidate for governor, and the mayor was in attendance.  I spoke of a classmate of my brother's who is running for state legislature in Iowa, and it reminded me of how I needed to get my contribution to him. I got my check written and dropped in the mail. He is well-known and well-liked in my hometown, so I think he has a good chance of winning. He runs a D.J. service, and has been a deejay at many weddings of my classmates there. I think this seat became vacant as the incumbent had died of cancer this summer.
   Another notable thing I did was tidy up an earlier entry, made sure it was in all caps where needed. An advisor said it looks more professional, and I see all new entries have this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment