Monday, September 27, 2010

Banners

As we all know in the online world, things are fluid. They are in flux, and can change often. I say this because I decided to change things up a little here. One needs to look at more than just the postings to see how things are the way they should be. After work I spent some time shredding junk mail and going through the blog to clean things up a little, along with around the home. This is sometimes known as 'necessary maintenance'.
   I was an advisor for a team banner at work today, suggesting a patchwork quilt put together by each team member with what symbol says best who they are. But the project coordinator found out there was too much apathy and decided to go with another idea. I had thought of this one since it had been done at a previous role with this company.
   I am aware that those who know me may think I am odd at times. But then again, who isn't? Some may think it's odd to do things like pick up trash- like cans and bottles- and put them in a trash can. That is, without a court order requiring it as community service. But I do it since I don't know who else will, and how long it will take. And I believe in some civic pride. Litter control helps with civic pride. After all, this is on some trash cans- 'keep America beautiful' or 'the city beautiful'. It may seem like a thankless task at times, but many things can be. In the end, little things can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment