Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Karma

It's hard to respond with maturity all of the time, but I know things go better this way. What am I referring to? My languishing social life. I got an email from one match that said she had met somebody else, and good luck to me. I've heard this one many times before, and it hurts each time. Why? It may be a lie, and I don't know for sure. I know some have admitted to lying as a way of letting people down easy. I did respond and said I wished them luck as well, and closed the online match. I keep telling myself that I have to do this in the name of good karma. It seems to be easier to do for friends, since I am truly happy for them. But those I want to date I will admit it's not entirely true. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one, readers.
   I am still making mistakes, but I'm still trying. It's not easy to be patient, but I must be and now I'm starting to regret being hasty with one match that was still interested. I shared this with a coworker earlier today. I'm still hopeful how we can get past getting started off on the wrong foot, but we haven't exchanged IMs yet.
   I did have to think of what one comic said on stage recently that I could relate to. He said he knew what to say and do while on stage telling jokes, but was lost when it came to talking to women. I can relate to this. I even alluded to it in an earlier entry. Somehow I'm sure I find a way to work it into my routine, if I can't have the happy ending then I can find some comfort in making others laugh instead.
   As usual it was nice to see a favorite comic of mine at the club. When I said I was expecting an 'ebullient' greeting, a synonym for 'lively'. He tried to tell me another  synonym was  'bumptious', but it isn't- it means 'presumptuously self-assertive'. But coming from him it's still a compliment, somebody who once called me a 'blackguard' after attending one of his shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment