Friday, September 3, 2010

Artwork Purchase

As I write I am looking at some Lady Gaga art I bought at a gallery earlier today, it was at a place near the concert venue. It's small, mostly pink forming Gaga's face, with some black coloring in it as well. I figured 'why not?' I was informed how this place will have art inspired by Dave Matthews Band when their concert is at the 'X' soon. I had seen them at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin, in 1999. I was living in northwest suburban Chicago then, and it was a year after seeing Pearl Jam at the same venue.
   I went to a high school football game in the suburbs tonight after work, home team lost 13-7. They had 3 turnovers, lucky to have stayed in the game as long as they did, trailing just 7-0 at the half. One of the winning team's touchdowns was set up by a fumble, as they started with a short field, inside the 20. But it stayed exciting for a while, one play got the home team down to first and goal at the 5, a long pass play, a big deal the wideout stayed on his feet as long as he did. Game was halted for a few minutes when a player broke his leg, he was hauled off the field by the EMS. Home team surprised many with a 4th and 9 play from their own 21, a pass going for nearly 60 yards, but the drive stalled after that, just a few minutes left. Winning team had a speedy tailback, he was used often. It was cool and windy at the game tonight, it was why I was wearing a sweatshirt under my denim jacket, as well as a stocking cap and gloves. They smelled a little like a hockey arena, likely due to the coldness and having been unused for a while. I thought of hockey games as I've attended many in the area, and one tends to dress warm there.
   This was a catch-up night after the game, with record-keeping in my checking account as well as doing dishes and recycle. I even agreed to attend a wedding for next month- one of my comedian friends is getting married.  Nothing unusual there, except the invite was from Facebook, first-ever wedding via Facebook invite. It made sense, wanted to keep costs down as it is cheaper to invite people this way than by the mail. I was telling a coworker, my 'work spouse' about it. She's a true optimist, saying I might meet somebody there.

No comments:

Post a Comment