Thursday, September 2, 2010

Microwave Popcorn

I'm usually listening to music when driving in my car, and tonight it meant hearing a Nina Gordon song. Had to look it up online, but what I like is that a few key words from the lyrics is usually enough. The memorable words were "all I want to feel tonight", the song is 'Tonight and the Rest of my Life'. Later I found it on Youtube, surprised to find out she covered an NWA song as well, 'Straight Out of Compton'. I had liked some Veruca Salt songs, especially 'Volcano Girls', and she left that band to be a soloist. It was a Chicago band, and I am partial to things Midwestern. There was even clips from an interview, about knowing Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan. It's another Chicago band, and a favorite band of mine.
   Also had a craving for some potato chips, guess my dinner was too light. I went to a grocery store to find some but wanted a small bag and couldn't find one. So I got a 3-pack of microwave popcorn, hadn't made any in a while. It was the store brand, since it's usually cheaper, but it tasted a little bland. Now it means figuring out when I pop the other 2 bags. Popcorn on Sundays is nice, a fond reminder of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment