Thursday, September 16, 2010

Facebook Friends

I met one of my Facebook friends for the first time tonight, at a comedy show in the basement of a bar. When she friended me I said I would add her since she knows my comedian friends. I said her profile picture was memorable, since it was a clorful silhouette, she said she was going for the 'Che' picture look. I think I may have been to this bar before, it started looking familiar as a place I went drinking one time with my ex. Kind of odd how I was carded and paid the cover after I had my beer for a while, didn't seem well-organized. Same is true with the MC reshuffling the schedule, talking about it while a comic was on stage in terms of how longer he would be on because of who didn't make it. Seemed too un-professional to me. I got a few shoutouts in my direction as it was a small crowd, they noticed I liked the jokes. One of these was after he called his son Oedipus, and I laughed, he said we set a record for college-educated people in the crowd as not everybody understands that reference to incest jokes.
   I was kind of leisurely tonight after work, since the show was scheduled to start at 8:30 but didn't start until after 9pm. It was a Facebook invitation. I went to get dinner at Arby's around 7pm, then some peanut butter cookies at a convenience store after that.
   This is likely a first for me, sharing an odd dream with you, readers. This morning I had one where I was laying down on the ground, was I sleeping there and homeless? I don't know, but eventually I thought of the Phil Collins song 'Another Day in Paradise' about the homeless. Then I see a burgundy Mercury Grand Marquis from the 1980s pull up, possibly somebody I knew, and I get up and leave, go inside, must have been a school. Inside somebody chases after me and is relieving themselves on me or trying to. Then he asks me to help him with a report about the movie 'Losing It' starring Tom Cruise. All of this makes no sense to me! Then again my dreams usually don't in some way, guess that's why they're dreams. I can be so nerdy at times that I try to analyze my own dreams, in this case I may be afraid of being chased by somebody or being discovered by somebody I knew, exposed as a fraud or failure. Best thing I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment