Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Next 100

When I was a kid I had 'A Decade of Hits', the greatest hits album by the Charlie Daniels Band. I recall it saying inside how it's best to just call it a decade, implying that the best is yet to come. My entry last night was a milestone, or benchmark, at number 100. I know the best has yet to come for me.
  It's Wednesday, so it meant a catch-up night of sorts after work, with record-keeping but also sleep. I wrote out two checks to pay bills, then decided to walk over to the post office to mail them instead of wait until lunchtime the next day. Nothing unusual there, except the walk was about a mile each way. I don't mind walking this far, just needed to put on hat and gloves to stay comfortable. I am a brisk walker so it didn't take all that long for me.
   Thanks to Facebook I heard of another new thing, it's a wonderful tool! A comedian friend of mine spoke of a band called Beirut, I was confused at first, saying I just thought it was a city in the Middle East ravaged by terrorism. I listened to 2 of their songs on Youtube, 'Nantes' and 'Elephant Gun'. Both sounded fine, liked the accordion in the former and the variety of instruments in the latter. Hard to understand the video for 'Elephant', but both songs sounded good.
  I am watching an interview with actress Julianna Margulies on 'Letterman'. I liked what she said about leaving the TV show 'ER', about how you should do things for passion and not just for money. I've said this many times before, how it shouldn't just be about the money. Ask anyone who has ever filed for bankruptcy- money is easily spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment