Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Roast

I went to a roast of one of my fellow comedians tonight, at a club I had been to a few times before. It was nice, they had a few videos as well from comics that weren't there in person. My dad often told me of the Dean Martin celebrity roasts, don't think I've seen one of those.
   Kind of odd how I had a jonesin for some pizza, and had some after the show. Walked over to a convenience store that had some, I like Godfather's as it was something I had often while living in Iowa. Also odd was how I felt comfortable walking over there, on an overpass over an interstate- alone, at night, in the city. Sometimes I feel more comfortable alone than in crowds, not sure why. But I still walk with a purpose, and that means at a brisk pace which helps. It may be one of the reasons why a classmate called me 'a legend', a label I couldn't accept at first since it sounded cliche. But I started embracing it after he backed it up with his observations- stories comparable to the one I just shared.
   I just downloaded Yahoo Messenger, after it was suggested by an online match as a way of chatting regularly. I had done IM's at work but not much at home. Willing to try new things, when I see the value in change I change.
    Got some errand running done, though it was annoying how I had to wait nearly 30 minutes at a bank just to get a form signed to have access to a new savings account. I had done a signature card a week earlier, found out it wasn't enough. I hated the feeling of being ignored, as many places acknowledge your presence right away upon arrival. All they said they were busy. I had called for customer service and the account was suggested, and after the problems with opening it I was reminded of why I prefer doing business in person. There is less of a chance of something being missed. I demand plenty in customer service when it used to be my job, doing call center work, my first role with my current company.
   Other things I did was use a 2 for 1 coupon for Dairy Queen blizzard treats, and get home in time to watch the Iowa- Iowa State football game on ABC. Iowa won big, 35-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment