Friday, July 29, 2011

Craigslist

Thought it was odd to see a Snoopy doghouse statue on Craigslist recently. Even more odd to find it around town, the same one. But I recalled the picture well, and when locating it the styling looked familiar. Guess just about anything can be found on Craigslist, this is the Internet age after all. Thanks to ABC's Nightline show I am familiar with what it is, and when there was mention of 'Craigslist murders' it made more sense to me as to the premise. Because of those horror stories, I don't think I would want to buy or sell anything there. I happened to be looking at the right time when taking the bus home, it must have just been acquired by that business and placed there recently near a viaduct.
   Went to Canadian Days in Little Canada after work, nice to do the corn feed. Also saw a ride being powered by an Allis-Chalmers tractor engine, my dad would be impressed. So I decided to take a picture of it so he can see it later on. I like doing this festival every year as I lived there for a year when i first moved to the area. Had to park at an overflow lot but I didn't mind walking a little. There was still some corn left, and I wasn't there right after it began. It was nice seeing the classic car show, one car looked familiar from a previous year. I plan my schedule accordingly so I don't miss this event, even if it means in some years that I go there the first night only due to being out of town for the rest of the weekend. But this time I said I would move back one of my travels to a different time as I like the bagpipe band there.

No comments:

Post a Comment