Thursday, July 21, 2011

Elephant Collection

Don't know if anyone predicted it, but I am downsizing my elephant collection. I really did have too many of them. Every so often I am giving away a few to secondhand stores. In some cases it was due to them being a duplicate or even not looking much like an elephant. I still have more than 20. Two of them were given by my 'Ohio friend' from work, those have high sentimental value. So I am sending them back to the office, and in a drawer I can lock up when not there. Hard to say how much more I will downsize, so far I have definitely kept any where I wrote a name on the tag. It was to remind me of where I bought it, or when. One was called 'Evanescence' since I bought it the day of their concert in 2007. Others were from vacations. Like 'Ripley' or 'Tampa', 2 Florida visits. Some are plush, others are plastic as well as wooden. A shiny blue one was from the Shrine circus at the state fairgrounds a few years back. Yes, a few are beanie babies. The start of the collection went back to my former boss and mentor giving me an elephant tie when she went to India on business in 2001. I saw the symbolism in it, how elephants are strong and have thick skin, qualities that are needed to survive in corporate America.
    Didn't go outside for long at lunchtime, but it appears to be less warm compared to earlier this week. Still researching Charlie Brown and Snoopy items on Ebay. Also watched some Youtube videos related to Planet Snoopy at Valleyfair in Shakopee, about opening day this season and announcing it will be there. Some videos were better than others, one wasn't sure of himself, often saying 'according to the artist rendering' and 'it looks like'. There may have been a Snoopy doghouse there, but hard to tell. If it is from the St. Paul series, then it is another to be added to the list of found ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment