Sunday, July 31, 2011

Butt Not Button

Went to Canadian Days to hear the bagpipe band at the start of a religious service. After it I had a donut and some McDonald's orange drink and blueberry yogurt. Said I wanted to be like Homer Simpson and have a donut with the sprinkles on it. When going back to my car I heard somebody say to me 'just looking at your butt'. Almost thought they said 'button' since I was wearing a festival button. One of two I had bought as I didn't being the one from Friday when I went back Saturday, but it was just $3.
I said I was taken. I should be flattered about still getting some attention, but I wasn't due to their approach as it didn't impress me much. Recall when I lived in suburban Chicago and went to Taste of Chicago, hearing near the big fountain: 'Can I have your phone number? You look fine!' I think that was a better opening line than what I got today about my butt. It does mean I got 3 good comedy bits from this weekend: the first was from the same festival when there was a stray bagpipe player, then going through a ladies room to find a charlie brown and snoopy statue.
    I liked the music I heard on my radio while errand running, and liked getting all of it done except for getting a movie from Redbox. Started with calling my college roommate, who informed me about his job in the east at a place a lot like a super collider, but for cancer treatment equipment. It led to me looking it up on Youtube after I was done for the day. 'Lights' by Eminem and Bruno Mars, 'Umbrella/Cinderella remix' by Rihanna and Chris Brown, and 'Memphis, Tennessee' by Johnny Rivers. Last one seems appropriate since my college roommate once lived in Memphis, loved visiting that city in 2008. While trying to find the remix I found another eminem song I liked, called 'Cinderella Man', and I liked the movie of the same name.
    After I had finished doing laundry I saw somebody riding backwards on a bicycle, I thought about saying something like 'that's dangerous' but I'm sure he already knew that and didn't care.
   Made it back to the fitness center for the first time in months, I was on one of the pedaling machines for about 15 minutes. Because there was so much to get done I didn't get down to the pioneer village near Hastings as early as I wanted to, got there 30 minutes before clsoe but nobody asked me to pay yhe admission fee either. Wanted to see Porky's Drive-In at its new home, also got pictures of a tavern with some Grain Belt and Hamm's signs outside. Inside was a plush Snoopy inside a plane. It was warm, even though I wasn't there long I had 2 cans of soda pop and a Drumstick ice cream sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment