Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What Are Your Plans?

When I was researching the locations of Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues I was asked what my plans were once I found one at a senior housing complex. I think it was a joke, since those are hundreds of pounds. One article said the Snoopy doghouses were 700 pounds. The one found here was a Snoopy at the beach. Found out another in a northern suburb was donated to a YMCA fundraiser auction, but it's all about the numbers. Still trying to find clues where I can. there was mention of one sponsor, or auction buyer, being the owner of a Harley-Davidson dealership in Rice Lake, WI. But that's a bit of a drive. Also saw articles about the theft and vandalism of some. I knew this had happened, this is why I am thankful many of them are kept inside as they are better preserved this way from the weather as well. In some cases it means finding out which location has some, saw pictures of multiples but I hadn't heard of the place.
  A comedian friend asked me to promote him more on Facebook, also spoke of an interest in being in his next short video. As long as I didn't have to play some unflattering historical figure. For some reason it led to me speaking of the famous picture from Vietnam, the 1968 Tet offensive, where Nguyen Ngoc Loan shot somebody. It was a Pulitzer prize winner. It was in my history book, and saw it at the Walker museum this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment