Friday, July 1, 2011

Fireworks Show

Went to the Saints baseball game tonight, but it went into rain delay with Fargo-Moorhead up 1-0 with 2 outs in the top of the third. They got the field ready, had fireworks and played plenty of music, then decided to re-start the game. But since it was getting late I decided not to stay for it. Having plans for the weekend had a lot to do with the decision. I didn't like having to rush for cover due to the weather, since there wasn't much shelter available. So it meant going to a tent area on the other side of the stadium from where I was, near the left field corner.
   This is the first day of the Minnesota state government shutdown, hard to say how long it will last this time. The previous one in 2005 lasted 8 days. It did receive some attention on CNN, as Gov. Mark Dayton was shown at a press conference when I was at lunch in the breakroom and I asked somebody 'so there is no deal?' I was told 'yes, still no deal'.

No comments:

Post a Comment