Saturday, July 16, 2011

Joan Osborne

Went to the Ramsey County Fair today, spotted a comedian friend there. Liked seeing the puppet show, except one scene where the puppet stayed on one note for way too long. It was still kind of wet and muddy in the midway rides and carnival games section, but I just walked through it and didn't do any of those. Liked seeing a Beatles cover band there, but didn't hear them do my favorite, 'Eleanor Rigby'.
   Called a college roommate tonight, found out we still have scheduling conflicts. He is unable to see me at the end of July since his family is going camping, and the following weekend he is in Ohio to visit his in-laws.
    I was reading an online article tonight that interested me, it was about one-hit wonders. Prominent in the article was Joan Osborne, who had a hit called 'One of Us' back in 1995. I liked it, especially the video since there is a commuter train in the background and I like trains. I recalled some people from a church I once attended that tried too hard to figure out the meaning of it. What musicians would tend to say is that it is whatever you want it to be. Some of the questions asked in the lyrics either didn't have answers or didn't need them. It's a song, nice to listen to! Doesn't need to be anything else.
  Did laundry, got pictures of a building on the National Register nearby. Notable was somebody saying 'take a picture of me!' when I was doing it. Somebody inside had a Saints baseball shirt on, a Las Vegas theme. We talked about baseball, but I kept repeating myself at times.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment