Monday, July 4, 2011

Kill the Irishman

Saw the movie 'Kill the Irishman' on DVD today, got it at a Redbox inside a Walgreen. Liked an interview the lead actor gave in an airline magazine I read when flying to Chicago in march. He said in the end, it doesn't matter whether or not you like me, it just matters if i'm convincing. Good gangster movie, liked the Cleveland setting as it's the Midwest. Also rented 'The Dry Land', about an Iraq vet dealing with PTSD. Liked how it was a road movie, as he traveled to see a comrade at Walter Reed hospital in Washington, D.C. Got some chores done like dishes and errands like groceries done on this 4th of July holiday. It was the 4th straight day of seeing fireworks, some are going off outside nearby as I am writing. Also when I went out to mail a letter to my dad about the weekend in Iowa, including the picture of the Iowa Cubs game from May.
   Bought a Minneapolis paper that had an article about a bed and breakfast destroyed by fire in New Ulm, it meant something to me as I like going to that town for Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment