Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Spoon and Cherry

Saw the spoon and cherry at the Walker in Minneapolis today. Also liked the spider and swing in the same sculpture garden. Inside the museum I liked the Andy Warhol of Jackie Kennedy. Along with a video of a flooded Mc Donald's restaurant. The grill server seemed to be a lot like a carnie, trying hard to make a sale. They talked a lot more than most service people do, unsure why. I liked sitting and standing on the swing sculpture, but it was a quick reminder of how important balance was. One could easily fall off from it. Liked seeing a long poem on the footbridge nearby above the interstate. And all of these benches with thought-provoking quotes on them. It was definitely more of a modern art place than the Minneapolis Art Institute, when I was there I referred to it more than once since I had been to that museum already. This was my first time at the Walker, unsure where I got the idea first to see it but knowing the spoon and cherry is in the movie 'Aurora Borealis' helped.



No comments:

Post a Comment