Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Letterman Show

A comedian friend was on the Letterman show tonight, had seen him do all of those jokes before but they were still funny. Liked how he did the one about his dad, 'pick one, and replace it with mowing the damn lawn.' Sounds like my dad. Normally I watch Nightline on ABC, but not tonight. Didn't want to miss his comedy, but it was at the end of the hourlong show.
   Went to a picnic tonight, after it I tried to figure out more of the scheduling of events with my date. I think we will find a way to do all of the things we want to. There were 5 unassigned events and we found specific days for all but one- a drivein movie. Haven't done one since I was a kid. But we want to wait until there's a movie we really want to see, which makes it more meaningful.
  The picnic was at Minnehaha Falls Park in Minneapolis, after it we saw a few statues and historic sites in a different part of the park like a train depot. Also a statue to the first settler of Minneapolis. It's a trend I've noticed from studying history: it helps to be first. Best example is Henry Sibley, the first governor of the state. Plenty of things named for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment